PREP TIME: 30 minutes
COOK TIME: 0 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 30 minutes (+ 6 hours standing time)
12 oz good-quality coffee beans
7 cups filtered water, at room temperature
2 cups whole milk
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp ground turmeric
- Set Brim Conical Burr Grinder to medium and turn dial to 12 cup setting. Grind coffee beans in 8 batches.
- Wet filter and place at the bottom of the Brim Smart Valve Cold Brew Coffee Maker. Place ground coffee in brewing container.
- Pour half of the filtered water over coffee bed to moisten evenly. Top with remaining water.
- Stir to completely saturate coffee and push down the grinds to ensure coffee is fully submerged in water.
- Cover and let stand at room temperature for 6 to 8 hours.
- Place the brewing container over decanter. Let stand until all of the coffee concentrate has dripped through into the decanter. (Can be covered and refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.)
- To serve, heat milk until steaming; stir in brown sugar and turmeric until sugar is dissolved. Let cool to room temperature. Fill two tall glasses with ice cubes. Divide cold brew among glasses and top with milk mixture. Serve immediately.
Tip: Instead of milk, dairy alternatives, such as almond, soy or pea milk, can be substituted and added to the cold brew coffee concentrate.